Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Water conscious woman 1


I'm currently working in a self-claimed developed country and never thought I might need to use rain water in daily life. We all know that Singapore is lacking natural resources even they are relying on water from Malaysia by importing. It is hilarious for you to be heard but really happened to me here. She is an Indonesian woman who tied knot with Singaporean old man. I don't know it's fake marriage or not since they have no child and different in age for decades. Let it be because it's non of my business.

With the help of my Indonesia colleague, I rented a room at her house because it's just walking distance away from my office. Moreover the rental fees is cheaper compare to the market price among Myanmar communities here. One of my Indian colleague also stay there and he paid S$180 for a small entire room. But once I inquired for rental fees, she asked for S$300 for a bit bigger than my Indian friend's room. That time I was rush in getting a room within a few days and I was no choice but accept. When I request her to allow us to cook, she asked for additional S$10 for gas allowance. I easily agreed with her and finally we moved in on a fine day.

By the time we moved in, the room have yet to vacant because the Nepalese couple requested for few days extension. So we are stuck at the living room and the same day evening, my Indian friend moved out to his Uncle home. Then we are temporarily placed in the small room despite we paid for a big room. We never mind for a short period as it's unexpected. We understand and keep quiet without complaining for that uncomfortable experience. The problem start at night time when we are washing our used dishes after having dinner. My wife was washing as usual and she suddenly rush in kitchen from a corner and shout at her.....

STOP STOP STOP Stop.......

My wife surprisingly look at her and asked.
wife : why ?
she : you can't do like that. Water in Singapore are expensive.
wife : then how do I wash my used dishes?
she : you have to open tap partially like this (by showing how to open tap)
wife : hmmmm

She leaves some dishes in the sink and went back to room. I said, what happened and she replied me that she can't stay in this house. She explained me the incident and I am so disappointed to learn her words. Hmmm,,lets stay for a month and later we find new place and move out again. I consoled her my best and we tried to spend that night hardly.

(To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment