Sunday, April 17, 2011

A gap so far to bridge


Dear my daughter,

Happy Myanmar New Year to you, dear. Today is 2nd day of our new year and I'm not sure if you enjoy the atmosphere of native land or not. Anyway time goes on and you have been in our planet for 9 months and continue to miss parental love. I'm deeply sorry failing to give you such loving kindness. Circumstance needs your parent to go greener pasture and save money to raise our living standard. We together suffer and will together enjoy all life's pleasure. It's costly to pay back if you are not growing in the way we expect. We realize that it won't be as comfort as in the hands of mum for you. But my dear, in life, we sometime need to accept unwanted things without able to find plan B. I, being a dad oJustify Fullf you, sincerely believe you'll understand this when you are old enough to understand it.

You might have been boring with the same tone of my excuses. I know it's too much to swallow for a young baby girl like you. Oh my dear, I, again, want you to understand that we can't get something without giving something on the other way. It's universal truth and people all over the world have to accept this. One of our secrete reason for why we're working oversea is enable to give you a world class education. Without a job in oversea, it's impossible for us to send you attend world class school. Since the day 1 you enter our life, I am very much concern about your education. You mum and I were from a poor family of rural area. We didn't able to access a good education. Since we are born in a rural area of a poor country, it's obvious for a villager student having uphill task to succeed in their educational path.

Your mum needed to walk about 5 miles to get her primary school lessons. The route is not a smooth one and it consist crossing a creek that is angry when rainy days. On a rainy day, it's compulsory for parent to send their children other bank of creek safely. Vice versa, at the evening the parent have to wait their children's return home from the other bank of creek. Once the creek is heavily rain, they'll have to sleep on the banks while parent are still waiting from other side of bank to bring their child back home safely. When she pass primary school, your mum needed to go nearest town that is further away from village to access secondary school education. She stayed in a relative house and tried to pass all exam to reach where she is today.

I am a bit luckier than your mum in my younger days because my village has a middle school. So I was able to attend my village school until I pass highest secondary school. After that I also needed to apart my family so that I can make further studies in high school. Luckily I passed my middle school with high grade and one of my relative offered me a scholarship. An offer was too good to resist and my family hardly decided to agree with it. As a result, 14 years old boy had to leave home comfort for alien environment. It was second largest city in our country that is over 300 miles away from my village. I was placed at a monastery to stay and study at a government school. Life was too rough for a school boy to handle alone at a strange monastery. But I tried to swallow all incoming nightmare without letting my family know. It made me more hungry to success in life. Otherwise I won't be here today I am stand for.

In summary, your mum and I am able to work in a first-world country as a skill worker. Luckily we are eligible to work under a ceiling. Meaning we are able to work in a safe environment together with the locals do. We can work in an air-conditioned room by stepping on a carpet floor. We special thank to your grand parent for keeping us study in the school when they are struggling with hardship of life. Without their support, we might not be here. Because most of our school-mates were withdrawn by their parent in the prospect of asking them to join family jobs. We are lucky to avoid such experience and our parent probably appreciate the value of education despite they are not educated person. They realize from their life-time experience that their children won't have a higher life without proper education. Fortunately your mum and I were hard studying to pass every year exam.

We came from a rural village and able to work in a developed country due to our education. We fully understand the power of education and we are desperate to give you a world class education so that our next generation would be step up. So please patient while we are not able to bring you here. We're trying to settle here and looking for a way to bring you in. Life being migrant worker here is never easy my baby. But we strongly believe that nothing is impossible to a willing mind. Since your mum and I have a will, let's believe in reunion of our family sooner than later. While we are apart, please stay in healthy and make yourself less burden baby to those who are currently taking care you. We can't be relax here when we know you are not feeling well. As I said above, we suffer together now and we'll celebrate together when a day is born in favour of us. Let's count down, baby.

Wish you possess a happy, good, successful, healthy life together with your beloving parent.


No comments:

Post a Comment