Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thirty Three

THIRTY THREE (33) ? The queue number I got for my income tax to our country. No strange? I went there on night time about 9:00pm in order to secure my number is within allowable range for daily limit. Once I told my classmates from other country for going embassy at night, they are unbelievably star at me. Yes it is really happen to those who want to pay income tax to Myanmar in Singapore. I thought everything in Singapore goes in order and here most of people are very used to with the practice of queuing practice. I was surprising to see their patient regarding to a queuing. Some kind of queue can be as long as 100m or as last as overnight to reach a participant's turn. But they won't see bother for it if they think is worthy for their time.

Every public related office in Singapore normally use a queue machine for the attempt of easing its customer and people. It can be seen even at the private sector like a clinic or a restaurant. People will not necessarily need to argue for any unfair things. I don't know why our embassy don't have a queue machine to make our life easier and order. I don't think this machine is expensive and hard to buy. One machine can help in relief to not only tax payer but also staffs. It's value for money if our authority value in their time as well as its people's time. It's not easy to get a leave in here and it makes people rush and over-worry that add our life additional burden.

I went 3 days to pay my income tax. Believe it or not? First day, I carelessly went there and found it was Myanmar's public holiday. So I went again on 2 days later early morning and got my queue no at 132. I realized my number was useless when office open at 9:30am despite official operating hour start at 9:00am. Why? As soon as the office open, one counter staff announces that they will take into consideration for first 80 people only. It's mean my number 132 won't be entertained for the same day. I won't complain if they brought forward the number for consecutive day. But they insist I must restart again by coming another day. What a miserable experience? But it really happen to us. I frustratedly go back work and can't stop imagine of going another day and it looks a hell to me really. I was dead man walking on the return work. I don't know how to explain to my HR for another leave. They will probably think I am trying to cheat them. No choice but I will have to apply for another leave. That's why I needed to go 3 days to pay my income tax and it forced me to go on night time to take my queue number I dramatically grab "33". What a wonderful experience? No other citizen will have the same experience in life time, I believe.

In fact, we are not going our embassy to seek some helps. We are going there to pay our income tax and they are obliged to help us wherever possible. Why they don't want to take our money easily? Is there any daily limit amount to take for our country? There is another disappointing factor I heard that they are working until 12:00pm. What the hell is it? The official operating hour is 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm. But they usually start work at 9:30am. How much are they working then? Working 2 and a half hour a day in the world's busiest country is really hilarious thing. I don't know if our authority from Myanmar really know this matter or not.

We, being immigrant workers, have already been enough pressure in life and work. If we cannot find a comfort zone in our own embassy's premises, where can we find our oasis in oversea. What is the meaning of paying tax to them? No point, right? Finally no wonder we are degraded and treated by other when we can't expect a good relationship from our own authority. Wish they will know it sooner than later and make necessary corrective action in favor of those who faithfully pay tax to country. We always read a lot development in the domestic media as well as intention of leaders in going forward. How do we move forward with a 19th century method to catch up our neighbour developing countries? This is just a mere thing to be mind and I believe we have to accept in change if we really want to improve our country. Even if US needs to change as Obama said, why need not for a plight country like ours? Hope to see a positive change rather than a negative that can drag back our already far behind country.

3 comments:

  1. မဂၤလာပါ ..

    ဒီအျဖစ္ေတြကို ေတြ႕ၾကံဳျပီးသားမို႕ အေထြအထူး ေျပာစရာ မလုိေတာ့။ အလြယ္ကူဆံုး အလုပ္တစ္ခုကို အခက္ခဲဆံုး အလုပ္တစ္ခုလို စီစဥ္ထားေတာ့ ေျပာရတာေတာ့ အခက္သား။
    တစ္ခါတေလ ကုိယ့္နံပါတ္က ၁၀ ေလာက္ရေပမယ့္... ခဏေလး လစ္လုိက္တာနဲ႕ က်န္ခဲ့တဲ့သူေတြက စာရြက္တစ္ခုလံုး စုတ္ျပစ္လုိက္ျပီး အသစ္ျပန္ေရးၾကတာ။
    အျပင္မွာေရးထားတဲ့ စာရြက္က အက်ံဳးမ၀င္ဘူးဆိုလို႕ ရုံးဖြင့္ခ်ိန္ေရာက္မွ သူတို႕ေပးထားတဲ့ စာရြက္မွာ ျပန္ကူးေရးရတာ။ မ်က္စိမွိတ္လုိက္တာနဲ႕ ကိုယ့္နာမည္နဲ႕ နံပါတ္က ေပ်ာက္သြားျပန္ေရာ။
    စိတ္ပန္း..လူပန္း..ေငြကုန္..အက်ဳိးမျဖစ္။ ဒီလိုအျဖစ္မ်ဳိး.. မိမိကုိယ္တုိင္ မလုပ္ခ်င္သလို..သူမ်ားကိုလည္း ဒီအျဖစ္မ်ဳိးေတြ မေပးသင့္ဘူး။
    က်ေနာ္တို႕လို သာမာန္အလုပ္သမားေတြေတာင္မွ ဒီအျဖစ္ကုိ ဒီထက္ေကာင္းမြန္ေသသပ္ေအာင္ လုပ္ႏုိင္တယ္လို႕ ယံုၾကည္ခ်က္ရွိတယ္။ အဲဒီမွာ ေန႕စဥ္ၾကံဳေတြ႕..ထိေတြ႕..လုပ္ေနရတဲ့ တာ၀န္ရွိသူမ်ား..ဘာျဖစ္လို႕ ဒီယံုၾကည္ခ်က္မဲ့ျပီး တုိးတက္ေကာင္းမြန္ေအာင္ မလုပ္ခ်င္ၾကတာလဲဆိုတာ စဥ္းစားစရာေတြ အမ်ားၾကီး။
    ေနာက္ဆံုးေတာ့..အမ်ားမိုးခါးေရေသာက္..ကုိယ္လဲ မိုးခါးေရေသာက္ခဲ့ရတာခ်ည္းပါဘဲ ကိုဇင္မင္းေရ....

    ခင္မင္စြာျဖင့္
    ကိုမ်ဳိး

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zin Min Nyein,
    I just read:ၾကက္ဋီကာ ေက်ာက္ဋီကာ from http://penai22.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_07.html
    ကိုၾကီးေက်ာက္တို႔ ျပည္ပမွာေငြရွာျပီး သံရံုးမွာထမ္းေဆာင္ၾကတဲ့ အခြန္ေငြေတြ ဗမာျပည္က ကေလးေတြရဲ့ က်န္းမာေရး၊ ပညာေရးမွာမ်ား ဘယ္ေလာက္သုံးၾကသလဲ ဆိုတာစဥ္းစားေနမိတယ္၊ စည္းကမ္းရွိတဲ့ ဒီမိုကေရစီအတြက္ ေရးဆြဲထားတဲ့ ဖြဲ႕စည္းပုံ ဥပေဒမွာ အနာဂတ္ ကေလးလူငယ္ေတြအတြက္ ဘာေတြထည့္သြင္းေရးဆြဲထားသလဲ ဆိုတာေတာ့ နိုင္ငံရပ္ျခားမွာ အေနၾကာေနျပီျဖစ္တဲ့ ကိုၾကီးေက်ာက္ အမွန္တကယ္မသိေၾကာင္းပါခင္ဗ်ာ။

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear bro, As u told u above, I can't find the same unofficial paper on the next morning and I was almost blur on d spot. Fortunately, the one who replace previous paper rewrite my name and my no up to 20 from 33. I can able to sight once I saw my name in new paper. But I noticed that some were yelling for missing their numbers and helpless but shouting it's not totally fair. I was so sorry to see them crying but it's out of my control to help. What a terrible experience? Unfortunately I was needed to go our Embassy 2 week later during March for my wife's pp extension. Guess my no this time. This time I arrived embassy on 7:00pm and I was shocked to know my serial no was 133. I was again distraught but just write down my wife name. That day was penultimate day before 1 mth close for installation of what they call machine-readable passport. Luckily they increased daily rate 150 from 80. I was up with my pressure and sick on the following day for both occasion. What a powerful is it? Finally this, too, shall pass away. Thanks for ur comment and time.

    ReplyDelete