Monday, September 28, 2009

The way to GTI

After failing to sit DSA exam, I visited my Aunt's home in South Okkalapa Tsp and stay for a few days there. During my stay, my Aunt arranged for me to sight see around Yangon and even send me to visit Bago to admire all sort of pagoda. Since this is my first time in Yangon, I was so pleased to taste all experience. I see first time my cousin brother and sisters who are born and grow in Yangon. They teased me on d way I talk and behavior as I am much look like villager for them. Anyway I keep quiet upon their teasing and they don't seem bother to me.
Few days later I go back my home town alone with a bit worry for leaking my news about DSA. Because this time, my friend who came together to Yangon and sit exam already get back my home town. Probably he could visit my home and tell about my unfortunate story. I don't want my mother know about that. I worried it because I didn't stop him (my frd) not to reveal my situation. Finally I get back home and my family is curious with my exam trip to Yangon. I, without delaying, explained them like I was really sat exam. After I finished my telling, I made a comment that
"Mum, I won't be pass because we can't give money and we don't have army background"
"I'ld be assume that I go visit to Yangon unless I passed."
Mum agree with me, and see me kindly....
A moment later, my mother tell me that "You have to go Magway for GTI exam, here is the exam preparation book"
I refusely look at it and complained mum.
"Why should I sit this exam?"
To be honest "I don't know what does GTI mean"
In my dream list, there is no GTI to be try...
In my home town, at that time, there is no GTI student or engineer.....
So I lack that knowledge and I just simply asked mum..
My mum also don't know about that and she don't have proper answer to tell me...
What she can tell me is that "I also don't know, it is your sister order"
And I just transfer to you only.
I immediately asked mum, can I refuse to go magway for that exam?
I am realising myself that I am not lucky with any kind of exam and recent DSA exam experience influence to me and I am not fresh as well.
So I am not eager to go and spend my time by doing that.
My mum suggested that if you don't want to sit, then you inform your sister..
I am not dare to complain my eldest sister because I was grown up under her disposal.
She is not only my eldest sister but also my teacher during my primary and secondary school.
And she is a lot influence upon our family bcz she is only one person who can find money to support our big family.
At that time, my second eldest sister also got a job at Irrigation Department with account clerk at Magway SE office.
In brief, I went to Magway for exam without preparing anything for that.
At my time, we need to sit exam to enter GTI, not like nowadays.
Our batch was the last batch to do so... Later on the law are changed and they accept new students by their matriculation exam marks especially on English and Maths.
Lucky again, if I need to compete with my mark, then I won't ever be an engineer in this life.
For that exam, we need to sit 4 subjects, Myanmar, English, Maths and General Knowledge.
When I arrive Magway, I stayed at ID quarter that was given to my second eldest sister.
At that time, SAE are so popular among ID community and my sister as well wanted me to become an engineer so that I could be SAE oneday.
But I don't interested in this exam and don't want to study for exam.
For my exam seat, my sister went to exam centre and registered for me bcz I was away for DSA exam at that time.
On the exam days, I went to exam centre, No.3 BEHS, Magway, with some friends from ID community.
First day we need to sit for 2 subjects, Myanmar in the morning and English in the afternoon.
I luckily can answer them well and even able to help my neighour students to copy my answer papers.
They are actually well prepared by attending tuition for this exam. What they said is there is no Questions what their teacher asked them to study.
Next day, Maths and General Knowledge, I am fine with Maths and again I can help nearby students. That time, I was teaching 9 and 10th standard tuition in my home town and I am not strange with lessons. It make me easy to answer the paper I think. Moreover I was seriously learned some knowledge for DSA exam recently. So I could remember some items clearly and it help me do well.
My problem begin when time come for General Knowledge subject. Questions ask me to draw sewing machine / telephone parts...Wow,,,, I don't know how to answer them and just sitting on my bench. Luckily my neighbour friends noticed me sitting and asked me how? I signal "No" with disgust. Then they happily told me that "don't worry friend" , we'll help you this time..They say, today question are exactly d same what they study at tuition. So they can answer it easily and quickily finished it. After that they all started to help me answering my paper. Fortunately exam-guard teachers are so kind-person and neglect what we are doing illegally. By this way I could answer the exam well and get passed when the result come out.
When I receive the official letter from GTI to attend, I was unbelieveable for that. Luckily I got Civil that is my most interesting subject among variety of engineer subjects. Finally I became an civil engineering student @ CGTI, Chauk.

No comments:

Post a Comment