Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Matriculation Exam Year

This is my second year in Mandalay and feel settled now because I have made some good friends both in school and tuition. My school is No.13 BEHS and it is located between 36th and 37th streets: between 82th and 83th road. So my school is one of the biggest schools in town and also known as "Ah Ma Gyi School". Because we, students, used to call our teachers as "ah ma gyi" rather than "sayarma". It's our school's remarkable in town and my school has a good record with academic result. So I am lucky to be a student of such a school. As I mentioned previous, I am a student of class-A and my class consist of the best students in school. So I have very good classmate and I can learn the good manner and things from them. At least their cleverness drive me do extramile. This year as well, I am underdog because they already finished 10th standard course during summer and they come to school for internal seat. Nothing else....But for a villager student like me is not only just for a seat but also expect a good studying at school. In realistic most of teacher avoid to teach our class since they knew that all of us are master in couse and needless to teach again. Some teacher rarely teach us in some chapter and they'ld be pointed out by students by saying that "can I use other method that can save me time?" Actually students know better method of solving problems because they all are afford to attend best tuition in town and also have excellent guide at home. As u know generally, school teachers are not good enough to compete with outside tuition teachers. That's why more teachers are avoiding to teach our class and they just come in and note attendents and just sit at designated table. Nevertherless, students are not wasting their time, they always hunger to study and always fighting for problems between students. They exchange their opnion and discuss about problem solving skills. But I am not so special student like them I admit. But being a class A student, I would deserve some honoured by other classes. Since I am from class A, other class won't underestimate at all.
My classmates are not competing in thier study alone, they are seriously compete about their riches by showing their spending power. When the time comes for break, they used to go snack stalls and buy a lot foods and come back class and eat together by group. They eat some % of the foods they bought usually. Finally they throw much foods to dust bin. Our class dust bin is so good and made of plastic. I think cleaner would love to collect rubbish of my class. Because so many foods are eatable inside dust bin. But for me, being sponsor and poor boy, I can't afford to buy just like them. I have my financial limit and I also don't want to spend money in un-necessary items. Mostly my close friends buy extra and gave to me. They know about my life well and kind to me so far. I have only 2 close classmate at my class. Only 3 students including me are pure burmese. What an amazing experience in myanmar? It happened to us really when I was attending high school. The whole class is full of chinese students because they are top scorers. May be I can find pure myanmar student in lower rank classes. No wonder my classmates are from a high-rich families.
At the festival time like Thedingyut festival, we, all the classes, need to arrange for donation plant (pa dae the bin) together with fun activities. At that time competition is as high as other area. Being class A, our master teacher wants her class the best and demand for donation list. Once she announce, some students immediately stand up and tell what he/she donate for class. Lets say one come up with saloon car, other follow with petrol/disel. another won't hesitate to offer truck and different student will tell for generator, karaoke, VCD, foods, drinks, cash offer, etc. The most silence student would be mine. When my turn arrive, I'ld say "how much I can put in for at least Sir?" Then master teacher will define basic amount for poor students like me. Never mind I don't need to boast in sth since all my classmates know that I am staying at monastery and from village. They teasely called me as monastery boy (phone gyi kyaung thar) as my nick name. I do accept without angrily in what they labelled me. My school life was quite different from my home-town school. I got such an opportunity at that age. It's amazing to be part of such community. My close friends come to school and tuition by their own car or motorbite. Usually they'll pick me up by coming my monastery and send me back after tuition time. They would happily say to me that leave your old and slow bicycle at monastery and forget about it. They will give me foods for dinner after tuition finished as they know my dinner is not sure for remain by the time I get back monastery. I usually get back room around 8:00pm after tuition time. I need to continue tuition after school time.
By these ways I past calendar days and forget about my family even. I pursue in my studies for a good result of this matriculation exam. I gave all d way and tried my best while I try to dutiful daily monastery duties. I usually get up 4:00am and night time come back around 12:00pm to sleep. I need to go tuition at morning and evening time before and after school time. After evening tuition, I come back monastery for dinner and go back for night study time at another monastery tuition till 12:00pm. My life was so tough at that time and I could manage to overcome that. At week-end I have to go my admire teacher's home for day long tuition that she feed me lunch as well. She is so kind to me and her family member as well. I don't forget her kindness whenever I recall my past. I'ld love to see her again if I am given the chance to go Mandalay nowaday. I don't want to stay at monastery even at the weekend because I cannot read my text peacefully or continuously. If I am silently reading , somebody/monks come and accuse me that I am lazy by pretending hard studying. What I can respond them? Nothing , keep silent and let them score me how they like. I have to keep my ambition achieved.
After first major test in school, most of my classmate don't come to school. They don't want to waste their valuable time by coming school and want to prepare by themselves. They might go special tuition or study at home with special guide to prepare for exam. It's me who attend school regularly and finally I alone at class. Some teacher approach me and suggest not to come school and study at home. I simply reply them that you don't need to teach to me but let me come here for reading. Because I can't read properly at monastery and they sympathize me at end. Alternatively they give me up for their suggestion bcz my answer/explanation is good enough for them to stop me coming school. I spent my study time by this way usually. I don't betray my monastery duties by doing this. I have to keep my first priority on its top. Nothing is important to me but I have to win exam with flying colours. I do miss my family members who will take me care most. But I try to stand on my own foot and use my time to its valuable.
Finally time came to sit exam and I did it well. I am so happy being I can answer so well and even target all D (6D) because I answered for 100 marks.
I know anwer by heart due to my hard practise. After exam, I went back my village and help in work that is selling water to whole town. I was modenize water seller like a story written by U Pone Nya. But I am happy to do that duing my summer holiday while I am eagerly awaiting my exam result. At that time I got a chance to open tuition for 9th and 10th standard. So without delay, I started to open my own tuition by self-employed. My niece was 9th standard at that time and she helped me collect students. Since I have made my own reputation at my home town by doing well in education history. So within significant time, I do success in tuition industry. I also find it happy to be a tuition teacher. My pupils included my childhood friends, older ppl and relatives. I'll write a post about my tuition experience in later. Finally I passed my matriculation exam without D. What a disappointed exp? I feel ashamed and not dare to go out of my home. I even closed my tuition for a while. The whole town estimated me to pass it with a lot D just like the result in 8th standard. At that time even my friends who are siting exam in home town got 2D and 3D. Everybody critized me someway and I have no strength to respond them. The result kills my ambition and all I have done goes rubbish. People mostly thought me that I was proud after getting sponsor to be educate in Mandalay. And I lost control from my family's management. Am I deserve to be critized like they did???
Anyway anyhow I am now an ordinary person and
I'll go through my life just a normal person and
My dream have been crushed to its pounder.
My nightmaire days won't be delete from my memory.
Who know the truth of my feeling and the cause of my exam result.
Bad become worse when the score sheet come out.
I just passed my exam with 40 marks at all subject...
It make my eye unbelieveable.
It's worse than failed exam.
If I am failed then I can retry for a good result.
Now I am passed with lousy scores.
I don't know what to do next at the moment.
Keep silent myself and try to pass very difficult moment at the upper story of my home.
I asked myself that
"WHAT DID I DO WRONG?"
"Why my fake punish me so much?"
I don't know who's responsible for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment