Monday, June 3, 2013

No pain no gain

WHEN I arrive city state 5 years ago, I earn almost double than my wife. After 5 years in time, my wife almost catch up mine in term of salary. What has made difference between us? I chose to stay at one company and my wife on the other hand changed her job. Further, I stayed in the comfort zone and my wife keep going through work's challenges. As a result, I am less exposure to work's challenges and lose confident when it come to change my mind. On the other side, my wife slowly build up her confident through hardship of work life.

Nowadays, I keep following her join some social events. As usual, they talk a lot about their job related cases and exchange views. I keep silent and felt isolate. As my job is simple, there are less challenge to overcome. It make me vulnerable in the long run and my progress in work almost nothing. Last night, my wife urged me change job and face new challenges. She also intend to change job soon so that she could make another jump in salary. She seem relatively confident and I am opposite. I wanted to change my job for long time and it never come reality. I studied at local academy and got a diploma but didn't change job. My wife always pointed out. 

What has happened to me then? I finally realize that 'I'm just lazy guy' to change the job. I know that I would be struggle if I change my job with the same salary. because my current one is considered senior level. Then it is not possible to expect somebody to teach me with the same salary. If I change my job scope, I definitely will not be ready and find a lot new challenges that i never seen before. But I have to change if I want to live my life more meaningfully. I'll try to seek a possible employer who suit my ambition sooner than later. Thanks my wife for highlighting and encouraging me. I'll try my best and don't care outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment