Friday, November 2, 2012

M I betrayer?

I had a war in mind just before going to meditation training at clementi monastery last Sunday. It was nothing but what to wear. It didn't take me long to decide to wear our traditional dress. The war begins there. I asked myself if I have to wear it from home all the way or bring it along and change clothes after getting monastery. I really had yes and no repeatedly. Eventually I brought it in my bag and changed after reaching at monastery. Why did it so? I wasn't comfort indeed with my act. Why I can't be proud of wearing my traditional dress in public? I have seen many Indian people proudly wearing their sari as well as Malay wear their headscarf in public. 

Then, why not me the same attitude happening? I should have worn it from home comfortably. I might have been received some staring eyes at me had I worn it from home. Why I can't accept such glances since it is nothing wrong. I just secretly feeling that I have offense something I shouldn't do despite this is a minor affair in life. We have recently witnessed  how ASSK was beautifully dressed national attire with pride on stages across the world. The world has seen her gorgeous moment in our traditional dress. She really didn't needs a modernize/ fashionable dress to attract world's audience. We should have followed her step without a single doubt while we have a chance to show the world how beautifully nice cutting our dresses are. I sincerely hopeful that I'll be able to convince myself next time to wear it all the way start from home. I eventually feel that I betray my country by avoiding unwritten obligation as a citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment