Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Karma

BEING a Buddhist, we have to believe in karma. Whatever we stand present life is reflection of what we have done in past life. Likewise, whatever we do in present life will generate how we are going to be in next life. The life goes on and cycle within universe. We do believe that if we do good things, good karma will follow us and vice versa. Some people are happy despite poor. Some people are unhappy even though they are rich and successful. What make different between them? It is just right and wrong attitude toward life what matter most. One famous beer company boast with fine advertisement, "the best things in life are shared". It is quite nice to accept in life. We, Buddhists, make donation in order to kill our greedy minds frequently. In the meantime, we do believe donation will make us rich in other ways. Anyway sharing our asset to less fortunate people is a good practice and apply to all people regardless of religious.

Get back to my iPhone headache, I can easily afford to buy one now. But I do not want to buy it for certain reasons. Anyhow reason, the fact is that I cannot enjoy latest technology gadget. I miss some comfort given by that gadget. I am seeing people who earn less using famous gadgets around. Why do so? In the view through religious lens, it seem I am suffering from the bad deeds of past life. I cannot use them despite I am afford. However, I can easily become generous when I have to support my relatives in need. Every month, we spent more than a thousand dollar for those in needs. But I still cannot buy a dollar breakfast freely. Whenever I think of buying something, I think of it is necessary. In other words, I am easily rated stingy guy. I sometime see myself I shouldn't stingy to danger my health. I might have been wrong attitude in past life. 

My wife and I am feeling another problem in life. We notice that we always have problem with accommodation until now. In order to mitigate our bad destiny, we built a hostel and rent out to medical students. Despite doing business, we tried to make rental fees as cheap as possible with better service. We are happy if we see them happy stay at our hostel. We try to support them as much as possible. We think of their needs to find it worth stay. Besides, we bought a flat in biggest city and let our cousin sisters stay there. It is not easy to find a place to live in biggest city now. Once we stayed in past, we had to stayed at hostel or relative home with limited freedom. We simply hope such behaviors will help us ease in our future life. Being Buddhist, we will try not to sway our mind from believing karma. May all Buddhist free from worry, afraid and poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment