Monday, November 26, 2012

Father's Worrisome Love

I bought a glaxy tab2 in last weekend Sitex 2012 show. The original intention for buying this famous gadget is not for me, for my two and half years old daughter who live away from us. It is not an easy decision whether I should give her such electronic device or not. I have been debating myself and seek some of my friends opinions. I frankly asked myself if this present to my daughter is just for proud to surrounding people. A lot perspective I have thought of including if the gadget will spoil the eyes of our little princess. In fact, I wanted to buy it for quite long time ago. On public transport, I see some parent and child relationship through gadget frequently. I have also seen some children are using it as a learning facility.

I have to accept that we can't get the best of both world. When we were young, owning an electronic gadget is impossible. Even to own a TV at home is not possible for ordinary family. I remember the young days when we used to go a certain place to see television program. It wasn't come for free, everybody has to pay owner for viewing television. I don't know how to use computer even after I graduates for civil engineering course at local university. We did have such pity days to come across. Let it be. It was our destiny to be survived under iron-fist military rulers. I have been working for 8 years in a row now abroad. But I still using basic phone while I can easily afford latest gadget for myself. I could be easily rated kind of stingy man. But I found myself that I become generous when it come to buy for my daughter. So does my wife.

The news of Thailand government giving its students tablets for free make me suggest I have to create an environment that make my daughter familiar with IT technology. I believe that if she is allowed to use such gadget, she will not be alien when the time come for her to enter higher education/ corporate world. I am pleased to know that my daughter enjoy the colorful books I brought back home when I return home for holiday. My guardian sister told me that she always ask somebody to read those books at first, later she would teach her cousin brother the same chapter. She is loving to view the books when she is going toilet. This experience understand me that she would be more fond to read if I can provide better circumstance with the help of technology. From some experience on public transport, I have secretly aimed to give an iPad to my daughter so that she could find it easier to learn education.

Other reason I have to admit is to befriend with her by convincing with tablet. As she grow by days, she seem a bit strange to parent that make us worrisome. I am sorry to learn that she will have to be lured by some her favourite snacks to talk some words to parent through mobile or internet. This will not be the case if we are living together. Unfortunately, we need to work abroad to save some earning for our future that make us apart each other. For the moment, I am trying to learn how to use newly acquisition tablet and try to download some educational game for kids. Later on I have to ensure that I know how to play them so that I could able to teach my daughter properly. Though I am happy with the new gadget for my daughter, there is a worry in mind that my daughter will become game-addict and off natural playing ground with peers. I don't want to be regret for any wrongdoing as I have very little time to spend with our daughter unless we don't return home for permanent basis. For sure, my wife and I are trying to seek an opportunity to return home and reunite the family for the rest of our life.

May my daughter like to get the gadget I have just bought for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment