Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Environment


ONE DAY, I was talking with one PR friend whose the whole family is also staying in lion city. We got a good long conversation. He is a medical professional and has two daughters who are studying in lion city. In the middle of talking, my friend suddenly questioned me that when will I bring my one year old daughter here. I was lost to immediate answer but pausing with uhhhhhhh. He, without waiting my answer, continued to emphasis his question by saying, the given environment in home land is not suitable for a children. I able to response by saying "yes". He is quite candid in talking with me and seem enjoy family life in republic. He is now already early 40s, but he still learning new skill by attending serial course in different varsities & polytechnics. I am impressed by his encouraged words and felt guilty. He added, in Singapore, there is good environment for young learner. I was completely agreed with him and almost silent. I know he friendly advised me as he knows my family condition well. He may be a family man and encourage me to enjoy what he had tasted in his life.

My wife and I were always discuss how can we reunited our own family without affecting our work-life balance. We realize that we can't afford to stay away from our child for long period. It prompt us to seek a possible solution if there are chances back home. Unfortunately, we are not SPR who can afford to stay legally in republic without working. It make our family apart and suffer a bit. We know there are some option that allow us to bring our child here. They are expensive and we don't like our child adapt the wrong attitude from the local nanny. That's why we both agreed to leave our child at home land with the aid of my elder sisters. We hope our daughter may not feel for being apart from parent until she recognizes who is who.

One fine afternoon, my wife and I went to national library nearby our house. Since I enter membership in two months ago, that is the first time my wife accompanied me. She is not a good reader and I teased her to explore in the kid section so she can find a suitable books. We two went around kid section and met a lot of children there busy with searching an interesting books to hire. Some children are silently reading on the chairs of designated places. Some very young kids were reading by the guidance of their parent. The circumstance make us remember our child of course. We both imagine to visit the library together with our child if we are allow to live together in lion city. We continue to explore the book shelf and found the standard of English for 10-12 years old is good enough for our graduates. We both agree that we should hire some stories books so we could able to story telling when we visit home in coming CNY holiday. In fact, those books meant for young children are relatively difficult for my wife despite she is an engineer degree holder from my country. We no wonder why Singapore's education is one of the best in the world.

In return from the library visit to home, we both wanted to live our child in such environment. Coincidentally, one of my friend present us kid books for our child despite she is still 15 months old. It drive us to start collect some good books when there is a chance to buy. I silently remember what my friend once told me and agreed with him that what's a good environment mean. May we have a chance to provide our child a good environment regardless of home or abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment