Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Make our nation proud, please


THE 26th sea games is currently holding in Indonesia from Nov 11 to 22. Since the opening ceremony in Nov-11, I watch the daily highlight on the local TV channel with the prospect of seeing my fellow citizen winning some games. My wife and I was so happy to see strong Myanmar contingent on the opening ceremony of the game. In total, there are 626 athletes being sent by my country for this game. It's obvious my country wanted to get medal as much as possible in order to raise our nation's profile. In addition, we are the nation that will host next edition of sea games in 2013 and probably this time is the biggest Myanmar contingent ever in away sea games. Myanmar won overall games when she hosted the sea games in earlier 70 and late 60. But the time has changed things to reflect the will of its people.

Now the sea games is already in 5 days time and Myanmar yet to grab even a single gold. As at yesterday which is 4 days on, Myanmar is standing third from the bottom. Even Cambodia and Laos stand above us. Against the total athlete (626) sent, the medal we acquired is really disappointing. I know we are no longer sport nation in the region at the moment. However, being citizen, I would love to see my nation flat being placed in the flag pole of ceremony stage. In real, I even struggling to see my compotrait in the final matches. Because most of final matches are being transmitted on local TV and I couldn't see my national players on the finalist. How do they get medal if they even fail to reach final? So I glance at medal tally on the official website and found that Myanmar is closed to bottom. Only Brunei and Timor Leste is below us.

However, I have to credit our young national football team for reaching semi-final. Nobody would have predicted Myanmar is going to escape group stage. May be it's surprise for the sport analysts. Anyway, it's good news to all Burmese. Our people may easily forget other sport division's failure by this winning stake. As football gold is the most valuable one to all competing nations, I hope our authority would be pleased by getting one football medal. I was amazed to know that some people who are working in Singapore plan to go Indonesia for Myanmar's semi final match. We are such a football crazy nation. Our people never fail to support national team regardless of their performance. Of course, the go wild once the team do well. This year term, region's super football power, Thailand and Singapore are about to go back home from group stage. I simply hope my national team would go final to upset host nation.

Good luck boys. The nation is behind you and can't wait to welcome you all back home. Keep our dream alive since our people's golden days has been gone away so long. You all can turn our new chapter at least in the football. You make us happy that is disappearing among our society. Take something special from this game. You are only savior to alive our dream. It's going to be easier for you next term as we're going to host the game. Anyway let me have my word for your achievement. Congratulation.

1 comment:

  1. စာအသစ္ေတြ ေရးပါဦးဗ်ိဳ႕

    ReplyDelete