Monday, January 31, 2011

My Chinese New Year Wish


TODAY MYANMAR's first parliament opens after more than two decades await. Ignore about people concern on it. Even MPs who represent 14 states and divisions don't know what's agenda to be discussed. I don't know how other country's parliament are holding their convention. But I think is funny for MPs unable to know what are they going to do at even last minute. How can they prepare for this? They are struggling in the guest house designated by government for water and foods, concentration on convention matters instead. They are totally lost. How do we trust on such people? How do they carry forward this country with very limited power? How can they fulfill the promises they gave to people during their campaign while they don't know what will be happening themselves?

While MPs of opposition parties are pity at facilities usages, the army back USDP's MPs are enjoying the new capital's five star hotel by staying there during the convention. In fact, most of MPs from USDP are current ministers and high profile business men who are close to generals. So they are privilege to others. At the same time, the soldiers will enjoy 25% of parliamentary seat. I don't know what are they discussing. I don't know if they are eligible to make policies for country. You may want to ask me to shut up if I don't know almost everything about politic. But I'll tell you that's why I am not participating in this process and staying at home and enjoy my own job.

In Singapore's cabinet, most of minister are graduates from world's renowned Universities like Harvard and Cambridge. They are paid the world's highest salary so as to sure the corporate world can't compete theirs. By doing so, the government can maintain the best brain from draining to the private world. As well as prevent the corruption. No wonder Singapore's government staffs are much corruption free since they are given more than enough welfare to enjoy their lives. Today, Finance's minister boasted that this year budget will come out on Feb 14 and he assured people it'll bring some good things for Singaporean. What a good feeling for people to know what and how the government will do in future? They, Singaporean, may not value this as they never experience the bad system like we suffer for decade long. If I am not wrong, I never heard such practice in my mother land.

Why don't we have such budget if they, successful countries, have? Does it mean our people are not necessary to know what the government doing? Does it mean the government can do everything what they like? Does it mean the people's tax can be used without transparency? I am upsetting myself by asking alone without answer. I hope today is a historic day in Myanmar's history and can bring some enlightments for our people's goodness. Since nothing is forever, I believe the bad system must be fallen sooner or later. How can it be last? How many time they can get favorable luck?

May our people get a good, kind, smart, intelligent leaders who can think of their lives. This might be my Chinese New Year wish for this year of rabbit. Hope my wishes can be fulfilled less or more as time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment