Monday, March 29, 2010

When the carrot follow serial sticks....

WHAT a pretty day is it for everyone when they know their salary have been up. It's meaning rewarding to one's contribution to company as well as recognizing to his/her hard working. To me, how much increase is really doesn't matter because feeling some good feeling makes him/her already a winner. But sometime, unfortunately, our salary can be dragged through difficult and poor economic period, for instance recent recession. To be fair, how can we expect a better pay during a bad time and even we should have thanked to our employers for keeping alive our hope and not letting us down. We are going on the same boat and we are fully responsible for the outcome of company or firm. On the other hand we deserve to get some carrots like annual bonus or a raise when economy are booming.

I have a lot personal experience and understand that I have no favorable luck once it come to reward or pay rise. Since 1998 January, I have been in this industry and worked in 3 different countries including native land and never ever get such a reward. So I am not dare to expect such a kind of opportunity once it come the right time. Because it's so hurt once we are left despite I believe I am not type of lazy worker and try to work my job to the best of my effort always. But sometime working hard alone is not good enough to enjoy such a kind of rewarding.

Since all the superiors are also human being, they can make some favorable decision when they will have to make some list. I sincerely believe myself that work hard will make the rest in order and actually it's hard to be like that in real life. Sometime we need to have some close relationship with superior and also good luck play a part. I thought this kind of circumstance is just only happening in my own country because of corruption habit. After I was working in oversea job, I realized that it's not happening in my country alone.

I had worked in Malaysia for exactly 3 years with the constant salary. I gave my best whenever I am assigned in prospect of some benefit. But the reward for my hard working habit is getting bulliness by lazy locals. All PM & MD know what I can do and they always asked me to do and I happily support their daily process. The strange is they will shut their mouth once the opportunity come out and also refuse to recognize me. Surprisingly one of my fellow citizen who usually take light duties got a rise. So I understood this kind of thing is much related with luck and deliberately efforts that are non-related jobs. I mean you sometime don't need to be so mart at job to grab a pay rise. Other things are necessarily needed to fulfill it.

Today, I am usually enjoy my lunch at the office and HR manager approached to me and told that "you can check your salary tomorrow and enjoy to see a rise". I was of course surprised to know that and happy. This is first ever I receive my salary rise in my life and really thanks to my company. I was recently upset to learn my salary have been constant for almost two years and even thought to change job after current course. I don't know how much increase, but as I mentioned above, I have to be positive since it is rewarding to my contribution to company. Hopefully I can serve my company as long as possible togetherness attempting to achieve our main goal.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zin Min Nyein!
    Congratulation!!
    No wonder that you get the sweet fruits as you plant the best.
    You and Khin Mar have real lucky family.
    Go Ahead bro:
    hope u will share ur sweet fruits to us. :)
    CHEER!
    Aza Aza Fighting:::::

    ReplyDelete
  2. မဂၤလာပါ...

    မုန္႕၀ယ္ေၾကြး။

    အစစအရာရာ အဆင္ေျပေခ်ာေမြ႕ေအာင္ျမင္ျပီး ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္ဖြယ္ရာ မိသားစုေလး ပုိင္ဆုိင္ ေအာင္ျမင္ႏုိင္ပါေစလို႕ ဆုမြန္ေခၽြလုိက္ပါတယ္ ဗ်ာ။

    ခင္မင္စြာျဖင့္
    ကိုမ်ဳိး

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your feedback friends. Hope you all have come crossed d same delicious ground in recent time.:)

    ReplyDelete