Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A thought related with a public transportation


I WAS surprised to view double decker bus in Singapore's roads. I thought only in London metro line has such a kind of bus in this world. May be England capital city's bus service is famous for pioneer and longest in the world's transportation sector. And media used to highlight the goodness of UK's management system in every angle and we world people follow English way as a standard. I think Singapore is one of those countries who follow English method. Anyway I am currently working and staying in Lion City and enjoying it's effective transport system.

I equally impress City State's metro line in experiencing and can't imagine how to handle and manage such a kind of advance technology by a tiny country. In this global world, size doesn't matter in developing a state and there are so many example to proof that. I just simply cannot estimate/ forecast when my own country will possess the same kind of public transportation. I don't think you have a proper answer to this question as well. Ok lets leave it as it is bcz I am now paying attention to Singapore's public transport system.

I am currently staying in northern part of Singapore and my workplace is located at the eastern part. So the traveling distance of my daily route measure to a double digits miles. In favor of Technology, I don't need to worry about that distance as Singapore has an effective public transport system that can carry people from and to the desire destination without troubles. We can't count on traveling fees as long as our daily route is run smoothly and we are enjoying the advantage of high tech adopted by Govt.

I don't know how much efficient the transportation system is in the first world countries bcz I never been there before to date. What I can compare now is within my knowledge or past experience. I fortunately have a wonderful experience in another country apart from my native land. It was Malaysia who is also region heavy weigh among ASEAN countries in term of rich and development. Once I first time see on M'sia, I was also amazed to learn their development on public related places such as express way, university, airport, health care, etc. After 3 years working in M'sia, I entered S'pore and encountered the better world. Almost everything I saw makes me WOW. I don't know if I may have a chance to go another developed country like US/ EU countries in future and again WOW as I had been in previous 2 countries.

I am so much impressed in witnessing their developing because I have been used to a poor public infrastructure in my country. I don't know what make things so much different between my country and theirs. Generally my country is richer in natural resource than any other country in this world. But we are still surviving in the poor living standard. To be honest, I am still loving my country despite I am currently out of my land. I increasingly understand life's value by working and staying in oversea as I can't find loving kindness among society in this country. I can't consider myself how to survive my older days within a community of such kind if I am forced to convert my citizenship. Last time I though in different way and valued oversea life as I don't know the situation of real life. Now I understand a bit more about the real value of life and will not hesitate to go back my country once the right time come. It really doesn't matter whether my country's life style has improved or not.

The life's real value shouldn't be only measured by a physical development.

No comments:

Post a Comment