Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Famous Gadget make me headache

I am not an IT-savvy. I read a lot tech-news between Samsung and Apple. And people are increasingly crazy with their products especially in smartphone and tablet. The two giants are suing each other for patent right. The two tech-giants keep fighting to get bigger pie of market. One Saturday, my wife and I went to a local telco's branch to extend my wife's prevailing contract. My wife desperately needs to use smart phone due to work nature. Previously she works at office where she may not have problem with information through internet. However, she was assigned to station at site office to better command with the work done because the project is their company's first ever main contract big project. Hence, she find difficult to get the same comfort at site office and needed to use her mobile as a single source of email checking. This prompt my wife to sign up new contract with data.

At telco's branch, we tried to compare famous iPhone-4S and Samsung's SIII. At one point, we approached a staff for help because we didn't find iPhone sample to test. Our opinion is to choose either. Same time, we notice that Sony is advertising their latest brand with big screen in the center of branch where few people are attending. A staff we approach immediately asked us a question, "why are you looking for iPhone?". We just simply reply, we intend to buy either iPhone or SIII. He continued with request, "can I advise you a good one?" What's that. I think you should try HTC's one. My wife and I suddenly look around him and understand he is a promotion staff of HTC by his shirt logo. We listen for a while and try to apart him for iPhone 4S counter. Finally, we decided to buy SIII as it gets world's no.1 brand recently that time. We felt that people nowadays only think of these two brands. They seem no bother with other big brands, such as Nokia, Blueberry, Sony, etc.

In return, my wife encouraged me to sign up new contract. I am currently using prepaid line with Nokia handset. I replied my wife that I'll sign up when iPhone 5 come in. Now, iPhone 5 has reached our shore for about one month. I am still yet to sign up. I am so confuse myself that it is going to be cruel to my eyes if I use iPhone on the go. As a office staff, my eyes already need to spend about 10 hours a day in front of monitor and feel tiresome everyday. At home, we mostly spend time on internet as well. Then we still see it on the go might have killed my eyes earlier than as it is designated. This thought make me delay and review if I am really need iPhone in my life. As a permanent office worker, I really do not need to use smart phone. If I sign up one postpaid line, definitely my monthly cost will up more than double. Good thing is I may able to taste latest technology by world's finest company. My wife still encouraging and I am still hesitating to go ahead. iPhone 5 has been distracting my mind for a few months in row and I still not make up my mind. On a day I lose the battle, I will sign up. At the moment, iPhone headache keep going on. A good test for my mind how much I could resist material's lure in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment