Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Education Rough

I started my education at my home town's BEHS. Once I enter KG, I was still 4 yr and 6mth and my sister registered my DOB 6mth older than actual age so that I am eligible for the right age. Physically I am so thin and not strong enough among my class-mate and friends. So I usually avoid any disputable things/ quarrelling at school or my quarter. Fortunately I have one cousin brother who is one year older than me and he is a big boy. He's tame to fighting and most of my friends not dare to tease me bcz of him. If somebody bully me, I'll go to him straight away and tell for case and he'll take action as revenge. In that way I felt a bit secure from bodily abuse from my age and older age boys.
I was among average until 3rd standard in my school. I mean I am not clever enough to be rewarded at the end of the year. According to my school reward schedule, only top 3 students get prices at the annual reward ceremony. From 4th std I regularly enter top 3 and I wanted to keep my position at that level. So I needed to study hard and reduce playing time. Actually I am not interested in playing like usual school-boys. I occasionally play with my friends in some particular games. I always lost when I gambling and lucky-test games. Sometime I save my pocket money and test my luck by playing that games. At the end I regret for participating and return home with empty pocket/hands. Sometime I even borrow money from some friends and I owe some to them later. Luckily I able to control my mind by studying hard. As I stated in previous section, I have 4 elder sisters and I am the youngest and only one son in my family. So I grew up among my elder sisters and I am not boyish at all. My behavior become gentle and later it converted my mind not dare to go a place where so many people gather such as ceremony, festival and entertainment.
My father loves me so much and encourage me all d way he can. He wants me to a brave boy at all time. Sometime my elder sisters bully me by someway and he'll ask me to counter-fight them by verbally or action. But I am such a boy who don't want to get involved in any confrontation. In this way, I passed my classes with flying colors and reached 8th standard that is government test. During my middle school classess, my reputation have been built through my hard-studying and ever getting top 3. Most of my teachers love me so much and attention me at any classes. I became an ideal student of other student at my school. Fortunately my eldest sister was a teacher when I was a school boy and she teaches me and guide me at my daily life. She open tuition at home and also do private tuition at a rich family. So I needed to attend at home class and also follow her in special private class. In this way I become poor in time to play and most of time i needed to learn. It makes me easy pass at my exam and I am honoured.
I read not only school books but also outside since that age. My brother who works in factory takes weekly issue journel called "Shwe Thwe" to home. I was enjoying that when I was young. A bit later I enjoy the international journal brought by my father who is a memeber of Party. My dad used to attend meeting at Magway and he usually get monthly party journal back home. I mostly enjoy was military section. I was happy to see Fighter, Tanks and Sub-marine under that section. I tried to copy by drawing with pencil on a piece of paper. My father is a good painter and always teach me how to draw. He show how to draw since I was pre-school age. Once I know how to write Zero, then I was able to draw a person by the help of my dad. My dad drew a hero with sword at the front door of my home. My home is made of woods and Front doors are also made by very big teak wood. My dad drew a hero-guard photo on that surface for my pleasure. I always wanted to draw like my dad. So I see them and try to make it duplicate on my stone sheet called "Kyauk Tin Pone". As a result, I was d most clever in d class in drawing. When teacher is taking leave or abscent, I used to draw on my paper and my classmates gather beside me and see wht I'm drawing. I used to tell so many stories them by drawing. Bcz I read a lot story books at home and always have something to share them.
Another reason of my reading hobby is able to get books easily around. My backward neighbour has a lot of magazine. They included social, medical, political, dhamma, entertainment, etc. They usually go to nearest towns and even Yangon for visit and they brought back a lot books to home. I knows that and I take advantages from that. They are also my close relatives and they happily allowed me to read and even lend me to read at home. What a lucky person I am to have such a nice neighbour and to grow such a good family? I can't stop to read when my school is closed at summer. I think it help me a lot in my study at school later.
I passed 8th standard with 5 D except Myanmar. That time we need to sit total 6 subjects for 8th standard. The exam is important for high school because the score seperate students art and science. I was the first ever student to get 5D at that time in my school history. I was so happy and my family was proud for that too. That year I was honoured by Magway Division for ranking d whole division 24th. My school also get the prize for my achievement.
This 8th standard is my turning point to part my family. Because I needed to go Mandalay for High School Education. There was one sponsor for my higer education and he proposed my family to accept his offer. My family members hardly decided to agree his proposal. Finally I need to go Mandalay for high school classes. The problem begin that point because my school didn't intend to release me. So I can't get middle school certificate to register in my new school.
My home town school master refuse to agree my leaving despite I already gone Mandalay for further study. So I encountered problem in registerring at new school.
In this point, I have to explain something. Before I went to Mandalay, I was told that I can choose any township for my high school education if we are agreed by sponsor man. He is actually married to my niece and he is related to me as his Uncle. Since my family is big and my father was so old, I have complicated relatives. Let it be, he promised me to choose my destination from Mandalay, Pyin Oo Lwin and Magway, etc. But I didn't make any choice and just follow him to Mandalay. I never travel before that and that trip was my long jouney. We left my home town early morning and get Mandalay the next day early morning. We went to a monastery straight away after getting myanmar's second largest city. Everything is strange for me because I am pure vilager. At that time I even haven't seen yet a small car like SE, pickup. So I see all cars travelling on d road surprisely. Everyboy I see is monks and novices and they all are stranger to me. So I was speechless and try to sleep a bit at designated bed. I was shown one bed at downstair of monastery. It was too dark and so many famous mosquito. I entered in the mosquito net and started to cry because I remember my family. I wrote a note at my diary and my diary become completely wet due to my tears. I tried not to hear my cry by others bcz I don't want them I am a stupid boy. This is the first day of my high school education hunting in mandalay, myanmar's second largest city.

1 comment: