Friday, December 21, 2012

Bogyoke's frankly note

I am reading a famous book, freedom from fear, written by our people's leader, Aung San Su Kyi and like so much with some facts I have learned first time. I would like to maintain some valued words in my memory as long as possible. At the same time, I wish to share them with my compatriots who has not read the book. I got an opportunity to access this widely known book among Burmese as a member of NLB Singapore. I am not quite sure if it is easy to find on the shelfs of bookstore here for own collection. One of my friends said he had tried to buy one on market for long time but not successful. Anyway, I hope you will love to read some grace words of our national leader which is affectively hidden by our military regime for a few decades. Luckily ASSK has put tremendous effort to dig it out and successfully transform to a book.
 
the note was written during struggle for achieving independence
 
At this time I am a person who is very popular with the public. But I am neither a god, wizard or magician. Only a man. Not a heavenly being, I can only have the powers of a man. I am very young. The responsibility I now bear is that of standing at the very head to carry the burdens of the whole country. I do not consider that I have all the qualifications necessary to bear that burden. Also many people know that I am short tempered. That is my nature. When I am busy and harassed, I get short tempered. I shall try to correct that as much as possible. But you must also be patient. I too will be patient and if you will build up your strength to an even greater height than that which you have displayed today and support us in what we are doing for you, we shall be able to do more to achieve the independence and the public welfare that we want. That is why I would like to ask the people once more to stand firm and resolute.
 
What a good leader is our national hero? What a honest attitude he has? I am sure we all will miss him for the centuries to come. May he be able to relief from somewhere else on heaven by witnessing his youngest daughter is continuouing his unfinished struggle to bring a real freedom for all races of Burma. The different is that this time against own government rather than foreign. I hope you too love to read it just like me.

source: page-28&29 of freedom from fear

No comments:

Post a Comment