Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Myanmar Hospitality 2

SOME villagers and passer by left us and we are really no idea to escape from the crisis. Fortunately, a mobile crane car is coming to us as we are blocking the way of its route to destination. Thus, crane help us pull our stranded car with its powerful jig. It seems so easy for the apparent 100T mobile crane and our car easily get out of trouble. We all are visibly happy to see our car was eventually freed by the crane. However, our happiness wasn't long enough when we realize that the engine is unable to roar. As a result of irregular and improper sudden pull, our car engine was hit by giant stone below and move a bit forward than its original place. It make the plastic engine fan crash with water tank of the engine that lead irregular sound when our driver start to turn his key to drive. We knew something has been wrong and again headache.

The crane car go forward as it plan while we left alone with some villagers. The man we brought in the sense with his jeep asked his people to push our car all the way to the village from the creek. I can't imagine what's going to happen again and unsure when can it be fine. I doubt there would be a proper workshop at this small rural village. Soon after we push our car, we reach the man's house. Without delaying, his sons and relatives are detaching car engine to trouble shoot. I am not sure if they are familiar with the car repairing or not. But I am unable to stop them doing but seeing hopelessly. They found water tank of engine has been damaged by rotating fans. The engine is not having in its original place. They tried to take it out and repair with super-glue and let water tank dry under sunshine.

The problem started on about 10:30am and now already 1:00pm. The repairing process seem unable to finish within short time. Thus we decided to have our lunch there while waiting for repairing. Luckily we brought one mobile phone and it's still connected. We informed to our relative from home and destination village. They all are extremely worry about us as the journey ahead is mountainous region and rough hilly roads amid forest. We can't afford to break down like this in the forest as it's risky. My sister inform to car owner to report what had happened to us. At 2:30pm, the engine and water tank was reinstalled and the engine can run as usual. We were happy again and really thanks to villagers. I am thinking how much I would be forced to pay for their tireless service. I am just imaging that I'll have to pay whatever they demand me as they're working hard for us.

Once car engine run as usual, I was having conversation with the leader man who is in-charge of household. According to him, he has 4 sons and he builds 4 houses in his compound for each married son. The compound is quite big and those all 4 buildings are surrounded to their original two stories houses. They have some trucks to do business at the village. I asked the man how much we need to pay for their service excitedly. He amazingly answered my question that "no need to pay, my brother". Being a man of cars, I also need to seek people's help when I got problem on the way. Likewise, I help you without hoping any return. I just wish you reach your destination without another problems. I was really overwhelming by his kind words. I didn't expect such words from him. I just expect to bargain if he asked me for too expensive service fees.

Upon my request for taking some fees as a form of recognizing their help, he asked me to give 3,000 Ks (S$ 4.62) to his mechanic son. Again, I felt so shocked to hear that. I gave him 5,000 Ks and tell him not to refund the balance. The man asked his son to take only 3,000 Ks and refund balance. I beg him not to do so as we're really satisfy with the way they treat us. During our stay of about 5 hours, they treat us several village foods as well as beds to rest. I never see such honest people before and didn't expect strangers to kind us like they have shown. After exchanging our contact number, we started to say goodbye by stepping in the car. As soon as car move back, there are another irregular sound come out. This time it is not from engine, it is from the beneath of car body. The car can't backward. What happened to us again? We need to step out of the car again.

(To be continue)

No comments:

Post a Comment